PONY Baseball and Softball Scholarship due April 30, 2019
*Must be registered in a PONY league for at least 2 years*
Local PONY Leagues: Boys and Girls Club of McAllen, Boys and Girls Club of Mission
Texas Interscholastic League Foundation Scholarship due May 10th
Students who meet the following criteria may apply:
- Must have competed at the UIL Academic State Meet, Congressional Debate State Meet, One-Act Play State Meet, or Theatrical Design State Meet OR must have advanced to the second day of the Cross Examination Debate State Meet OR must be a state finalist in the Barbara Jordan Historical Essay Competition, the Latino History Essay Competition, or the Young Filmmakers Festival OR must have been a member of one of the top 10 teams per competition group at the BEST or FIRST state robotics contests
- Must plan to attend an accredited college or university in the state of Texas
- Must enroll full-time in college and maintain a 2.5 college GPA (some scholarships require higher GPAs)
- Must have taken either the SAT or the ACT
- Must be graduating from high school during the current academic year
PLEASE NOTE: participation only in ATHLETIC or MUSIC contests does not qualify a student to apply for a TILF scholarship. A student MUST advance to state in an ACADEMIC contest to apply.
ThanksUSA Scholarship Program due May 15, 2019
*Applicants must be the spouse or the dependent child (age 24 or younger) of a U.S. military servicemember who served at least 180 days active duty after 9/11/2001.
*Minimum 2.0 GPA
Horatio Alger National Career & Technical Education Scholarship due June 01, 2019 5pm eastern time
- Have completed high school (or earned a high school equivalency credential)
- Will be enrolled in eligible program in Fall 2019
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical program (up to 2 years) at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States
- Demonstrated critical financial need (must be eligible to receive the Federal Pell grant as determined by completion of the FAFSA)
- Demonstrated perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Be under the age of 30
- Be a United States citizen
Funds may be used for tuition, fees, books and supplies. All scholarship funds are paid directly to the institution on behalf of the recipient.